The Institute for Diversity in Health Management’s regional symposiums bring together thought leaders and executives from the health care field to share proven best practices, and explore strategies to eliminate health care disparities. The forums will offer the opportunity for informal conversations and networking with peers and other influential health care leaders. The symposiums’ content areas include data collection usage and tools, diversity in leadership and governance best practices and strategies, and staff development with cultural competency curricula.
The Institute, an American Hospital Association (AHA) affiliate, commissioned the AHA’s Health Research & Educational Trust to conduct a national survey to examine the actions hospitals are taking to address health disparities and improve leadership diversity. Results from the 2015 edition of the “Diversity and Disparities: A Study of U.S. Hospitals,” the only survey exclusively focused on diversity management in our nation’s hospitals, showed that hospitals are making progress in key areas that promote equitable care.
At the symposium, hear how the survey’s equity of care champion hospitals strategies and best practices. Health care executives, human resource directors, diversity specialists, consultants and trustees are invited to participate.
Why Should YOU Attend the Institute for Diversity in Health Management's Symposium?
Education and Best Practices:
- Strengthen your role as a diversity practitioner
- Gain knowledge of the latest trends in health care diversity management through interactive discussions
- Expand learning on leadership and professional development
Valuable Tools and Resources:
- Gain access to a variety of take-away tools, best practices and guides
- Network with other national and regional diversity practitioners and health care executives while sharing knowledge
- Hear from experts and thought leaders from hospitals, government, academia and business
By clicking on the below links, find program details regarding past Regional Symposiums:
For more information about the Regional Symposiums or symposium sponsorship opportunities, contact Jetaun Mallett, Manager of Operations and Business Development, at (312) 422-2692 or email@example.com.