2018 National Leadership and Education Conference
June 28-29, 2018, Swissôtel, Chicago, IL
Sign up for updates
The Institute's National Leadership and Education Conference is the premier health services conference on advancing health equity and managing diversity and inclusion. Senior health care executives, human resource directors, diversity specialists, consultants, trustees and others examine best practices in the areas of health equity, diverse leadership opportunities in health management and explore recruitment and retention strategies. The Institute's Conference provides leadership development in diversity management, insight on designing and effectively managing health equity and diversity programs, valuable resources and tools for health care organizations, succession planning and more.
Agenda subject to change.
CONFERENCE ATTENDANCE RATES:
|Regular Registration Rate
REGISTER BY MAIL:
National Leadership and Education Conference
Institute for Diversity and Health Equity
75 Remittance Drive, Suite 1072
Chicago, IL 60675-1072
Swissôtel Chicago, 323 East Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60601-9722 Reservations must be made by May 27, 2018, to secure a room and to receive the Institute’s special rate of $229 (plus taxes and fees) per night. Let the hotel know you are attending the 2018 Institute for Diversity National Conference. Rooms are available on a first-come, first served basis. Reservations can be made online.
Swissôtel Chicago, 323 East Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60601-9722
Reservations must be made by May 27, 2018, to secure a room and to receive the Institute’s special rate of $229 (plus taxes and fees) per night. Let the hotel know you are attending the 2018 Institute for Diversity National Conference. Rooms are available on a first-come, first served basis. Reservations can be made online.
The Institute for Diversity and Health Equity is pleased to offer special airfare discounts and rental car rates for 2018 Conference attendees. Simply call (or have your travel agent call) one of the preferred airlines or rental car agencies directly to receive these special rates.
For Delta Airlines reservations and ticketing please call Delta Meeting Network reservations at 1-800-328-1111, Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM – 7:30 PM Central Time. Refer to Meeting Code NMR38. You may also go to www.delta.com and input the Meeting Code into the Meeting Event code box to obtain the discounted fare and avoid any service fees.
United Airlines offers discounts off published fares of 2% - 10% based on the booking class of service. Call your travel professional or United at 800-426-1122 for reservations. Refer to Z Code ZE92 and Agreement Code: 593102. Or, save an additional 3% off by booking your own reservations at www.united.com. Choose your flight times and access your meeting discounts by inserting ZE92593102 in the Offer Code box.
Special meeting rates negotiated with Hertz are available by calling 1-800-654-2240 from within the U.S., or 405-749-4434 from outside the United States, and giving the reservationist the meeting number CV#03AB0014.
Special meeting rates negotiated with Enterprise and National are available by calling 1-800-261-7331 from within the U.S., or enterprise.com or nationalcar.com, and supplying the meeting number K2C1074.
Special meeting rates negotiated with Avis are available by calling 1-800-633-3469 from within the U.S., or 1-800-331-1084 from outside the United States, and giving the reservationist with the meeting number L461444.
- The Institute reserves the right to substitute speakers and cancel or reschedule programs due to unforeseen events.
- Dress for all conference sessions is business casual.
- Photographs of conference events will be taken throughout the program. By attending the events, conference registrants agree that their photograph may be used in Institute for Diversity publications and promotional materials.
- To cancel your registration, please notify the institute at IFDConference@aha.org no later than May 29 to receive a full refund, less a $75 processing fee. After May 29, all fees are forfeited; however, another representative from your organization may take your place if you are unable to attend.
- If you have dietary restrictions and require a special meal or other special consideration, please contact the Institute for Diversity at IFDConference@aha.org or (312) 422-2693.
Why Should YOU Attend the Institute for Diversity and Health Equity's Conference?
Education and Best Practices Programs
- Advance your leadership capabilities
- Strengthen your role as a diversity practitioner
- Hear from notable leaders on health equity and the elimination of health disparities
- Gain knowledge of the latest trends in health care diversity management through interactive breakouts for all career levels
Valuable Tools and Resources
- Gain access to a variety of take-away tools, best practices and guides
- Network with other national and regional diversity health practitioners and health care executives
- Hear from experts and thought leaders from hospital, government and business community leaders
Innovative Products & Services
- Examine products that can help you solve problems within your organization
- Networking and knowledge sharing on state-of-the-art services in health care
- Connect with suppliers helping to advance health care products and services
- Take-away tools and resources on diversity and disparities in health care
- Focused learning on leadership and professional development
- Partnership opportunities with top health care leaders
Program Content Areas
- Data collection usage and tools
- Diversity in leadership and governance best practices and strategies
- Cultural competency curricula
- Latest related standards
Past National Conferences
By clicking on the links below, you can access the Resource Center for past Institute National Leadership Conferences. There, you'll find presentations from speakers, photographs and other relevant information about the conferences.
2016: Accelerating Health Equity through Diversity and Inclusion, Philadelphia, Penn.
2014: Equity: Moving Beyond Diversity, Chicago, Ill.
2012: Run Towards The Roar - Confronting Disparities: A National Call To Action, Nashville, Tenn.
2010: Changing The Culture Of Healthcare, Chicago, Ill.
For more information about the Institute's National Conferences, including sponsorship opportunities, contact Jetaun Mallett, manager of operations and business development, at 312-422-2692 or email@example.com.
Updated: May 17, 2017