May is Mental Health Awareness Month
May 1, 2018
May is Mental Health Awareness Month. As we bring awareness to an important topic, we look at the intersection of mental health awareness and health equity – behavior health equity. Health equity is achieved when each person has a fair and just opportunity to be as healthy as possible, regardless of ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, geographic location, and socioeconomic status and social conditions. Behavioral health equity focuses on mental health, substance use conditions and disorders. Visit AHA.org for more information on Mental Awareness Month.
- Mental Health America, this year’s theme is Fitness #4Mind4Body. Take the #4Mind4Body challenge today
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, behavioral health equity resources
- Complementary Approaches for Mental Health Problems, NIH National Center for Complementary Integrative Health
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, focuses attention on having #RealConvo about mental health
- Men’s Health, Not Talking About Mental Health Is Literally Killing Men