Summer Enrichment Program Overview
The 2017 Summer Enrichment Program Interns and Host Sites
Registration is Open for the 2018 Summer Enrichment Program
To learn more about the Summer Enrichment Program, click the appropriate link:
- It’s our mission is to expand health care leadership opportunities for ethnically, culturally and racially diverse individuals to increase the number of people entering and advancing in the field. As a result, launched the Summer Enrichment Program (SEP).
- According to a 2015 Institute for Diversity in Health Management Benchmark Study, the patient populations in U.S. hospitals and health systems are becoming more diverse, while diversity in those organizations’ senior leadership ranks has experienced a decline – evidence for the urgent need of effective initiatives to increase representation and inclusion of diverse leaders in healthcare management.
- Since 1994, the Institute has placed more than 1,200 individuals in SEP internships at hospitals, health systems and other health care organizations. Many former SEP participants now hold senior management and board positions at organizations across the country.
- The SEP places diverse, graduate students pursuing advanced degrees in health care administration or a related field in 10-week, paid internships within health care organizations. Experienced administrators serve as preceptors and mentors, providing support and career advice as well as those critical early-career connections.
- In addition to gaining broad exposure to the host site’s staff, stakeholders and challenges, SEP interns also complete an independently-designed special project, intended to benefit the hospital after the internship concludes.
- In 2016, the Institute and The American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) entered into a Strategic Alliance to co-promote the SEP. To Read More About the Institute and ACHE's Strategic Alliance, Click Here.
Thank you to our 2017 Summer Enrichment Program Host Sites:
|HOST SITE|| LOCATION
Advocate Children's Hospital
|Advocate Sherman Hospital||Illinois|
|American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
|Aurora Health Care||Wisconsin|
|Carrington & Carrington, Ltd.||Illinois|
|Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center||Ohio|
|Choctaw Nation Health Services Authority||Oklahoma|
|Colorado Hospital Association||Colorado|
|Duke University Health System||North Carolina|
|Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin||Wisconsin|
|Health Partners Plans||Pennsylvania|
|Hospital of University of Pennsylvania||Pennsylvania|
|Katherine Shaw Bethea Hospital||Illinois|
|Main Line Health||Pennsylvania|
|Memorial Hermann Health System||Texas|
|Mount Carmel Health||Ohio|
|Mount Sinai Health System||New York|
|NYP/Lawrence Hospital||New York|
|Saint Louis Children's Hospital - BJC Healthcare||Missouri|
|Saint Luke's Memorial Hospital||Puerto Rico|
|Southhampton Hospital||New York|
|The Hospital and Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania (HAP)
|Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals||Pennsylvania|
For more information about the Summer Enrichment Program, please contact Jasmin Clark, membership and education specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 422-2658.