Summer Enrichment Program Overview
The 2017 Summer Enrichment Program Interns and Host Sites
Registration is Open for the 2018 Summer Enrichment Program
To learn more about the Summer Enrichment Program, click the appropriate link:
- It’s our mission is to expand health care leadership opportunities for ethnically, culturally and racially diverse individuals to increase the number of people entering and advancing in the field. As a result, launched the Summer Enrichment Program (SEP).
- According to a 2015 Institute for Diversity and Health Equity (formerly Institute for Diversity in Health Management) Benchmark Study, the patient populations in U.S. hospitals and health systems are becoming more diverse, while diversity in those organizations’ senior leadership ranks has experienced a decline – evidence for the urgent need of effective initiatives to increase representation and inclusion of diverse leaders in healthcare management.
- Since 1994, the Institute has placed more than 1,200 individuals in SEP internships at hospitals, health systems and other health care organizations. Many former SEP participants now hold senior management and board positions at organizations across the country.
- The SEP places diverse, graduate students pursuing advanced degrees in health care administration or a related field in 10-week, paid internships within health care organizations. Experienced administrators serve as preceptors and mentors, providing support and career advice as well as those critical early-career connections.
- In addition to gaining broad exposure to the host site’s staff, stakeholders and challenges, SEP interns also complete an independently-designed special project, intended to benefit the hospital after the internship concludes.
- In 2016, the Institute and The American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) entered into a Strategic Alliance to co-promote the SEP. To Read More About the Institute and ACHE's Strategic Alliance, Click Here.
Thank you to our 2018 Summer Enrichment Program Host Sites:
(Check back often as Host Sites are added daily)
|HOST SITE|| LOCATION
FIRST ROUND MATCHING:
|American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)||Chicago, Illinois|
|Amery Hospital & Clinic, Westfields Hospital & Clinic||Amery, Wisconsin|
|Aurora Health Care||Milwaukee, Wisconsin|
|Bristol Hospital and Health Care Group, Inc.||Bristol, Connecticut|
|Carolinas Healthcare System and Novant Health||Charlotte, North Carolina|
|Children's Hospital of the King's Daughter||Norfolk, Virginia|
|Duke University Health System||Durham, North Carolina|
|The Hospital and Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania||Harrisburg, Pennsylvania|
|Katherine Shaw Bethea Hospital||Dixon, Illinois|
|Lakeland Regional||Lakeland, Florida|
|Memorial Hermann Health System||Houston, Texas|
|Mount Carmel Health System||Columbus, Ohio|
|Navicent Health||Macon, Georgia|
|OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital||Columbus, Ohio|
|Penn Medicine Princeton Health||Plainsboro, New Jersey|
|SCL Health||Broomfield, Colorado|
|Sentara Healthcare||Norfolk, Virginia|
|Spectrum Health||Grand Rapids, Michigan|
|Stormont Vail Health||Topeka, Kansas|
|Tidelands Health||Georgetown, South Carolina|
|Wellstar Health System||Marietta, Georgia|
|Witt/Kieffer||Oak Brook, Illinois|
SECOND ROUND MATCHING:
|BrightStar Care||Bonita Springs, Florida|
|Central Florida Health||Leesburg, Florida|
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
|Froedtert Health||Milwaukee, Wisconsin|
|HCA Gulf Coast Division||Houston, Texas|
|Main Line Health||Media, Pennsylvania|
|Medical University of South Carolina Health (MUSC Health)||Charleston, South Carolina|
|Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma|
|Mount Sinai Health System||New York, New York|
|New York-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital||Bronxville, New York|
|Norwegian American Hospital||Chicago, Illinois|
|Perham Health||Perham, Minnesota|
|SSM Health||St. Louis, Missouri|
|Stephenson Cancer Center||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma|
|St. Louis Children’s Hospital - BJC Healthcare||St. Louis, Missouri|
|Texas Children's Hospital||Houston, Texas|
|Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals and Jefferson Health||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|UK Healthcare||Lexington, Kentucky|
|UW Health||Madison, Wisconsin|
For more information about the Summer Enrichment Program, please contact Jasmin Clark, membership and education specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 422-2658.