Host A Summer Enrichment Program Intern
Build Your Future Leadership Team
By Hosting An Intern Today!
The Institute for Diversity in Health Management is seeking host sites to participate in the Institute’s Summer Enrichment Program (SEP). The SEP places promising, young, diverse graduate students in a 10 week, immersive internship at your hospital or healthcare organization. While the SEP interns enjoy a real-world internship experience at your organization, you gain access to the healthcare leaders of tomorrow. Since 1994, more than 1,200 interns have successfully completed the program. Former SEP interns are now the CEOs and administrators of hospitals and health care organizations around the country.
"Health care executives should take advantage of programs like the Institute's Summer Enrichment Program, which is an excellent pipeline for developing diverse talent. The interns are highly qualified future health care leaders who bring their skills, knowledge and enthusiasm to their host sites and can tackle meaningful work, during their stay."
Todd Hallmark, FACHE
Chief Operating Officer, Choctaw National Health Services Authority
2017 Summer Enrichment Program Schedule
|HOW MUCH IS THE ADMINISTRATIVE FEE?
|CONTACT INFORMATION FOR QUESTIONS|
WHO ARE THE SEP INTERNS?
SEP interns are all first and second year, health-administration or public-health graduate students, who are currently enrolled in a nationally recognized graduate school. Interns maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher and are extensively vetted by the Institute staff in a series of pre-placement interviews.
HOW LONG IS THE SEP?
SEP Internships last for 10 weeks, typically from June through August.
HOW MUCH IS THE ADMINISTRATIVE FEE?
The Administrative Fee is $1,200 per intern, which the Host Site is responsible for paying. The Institute will email your invoice within 1 - business week of your intern’s start date.
WHAT IS THE RECOMMENDED COMPENSATION FOR MY INTERN?
SEP Interns are paid a weekly stipend by their host sites to help them cover the costs of their summer long internship. (approximately $15.00 per hour/$600 a week).
WHERE DO THE SEP INTERNS COME FROM?
SEP Interns come from cities and colleges around the country. The SEP can locate students closer to your facility. If you want to transition them into your facility, their close proximity to friends and family ease the transition.
WHAT IS THE SPECIAL SUMMER PROJECT?
SEP Interns complete a summer-long "special project", intended to use their time and talents directed towards a project that could have a lasting positive effect on your organization. Examples of previous Special Summer Projects, can be found in the Host Site Handbook.
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR QUESTIONS
Please contact Jasmin Clark, membership and education specialist at (312) 422-2658 or email@example.com.
HOW DO I REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE?
Registration in the SEP database is a simple process. Follow these steps to get registered.
- To Register as a Host Site for the Summer Enrichment Program, click here. Mentorscout is our database partner. They host the SEP database for us. Bookmark this page for easy access.
- In the "Enter your Organization:" form, enter IFDSEP.
- Enter your profile information. Be sure to fill out the grey "Host Site Section". Skip the blue "Student Section".
- Once you have completed the registration, you will receive an email with your Profile Id. Save that email. You'll need that to login, update your profile and search for interns.
- Download and complete the SEP Host Site Commitment Form. Upload and attach your completed SEP Host Site Commitment Form to your profile or email completed Commitment Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download and review the SEP Host Site Handbook. (Your guide to administrating the SEP for your host site.)
- Download and review the SEP Preceptor Handbook. (Enhanced instruction for your onsite preceptor.)
Participation in the SEP also sends a powerful message that your health care facility is committed to diversity and equality at the same time that it gives diverse graduate students the jumpstart that they need to begin their healthcare careers!
If you have additional questions, please contact the Institute at email@example.com or at (312) 422-2658.