Diversity Dialogue Series
JUNE 2017 DIVERSITY DIALOGUEWEBINAR:
June 26, 2017, Noon-1:30 p.m. CST
Aligning LGBT Cultural Competency to Improve Safety, Quality and Equity in Health Care
Participants will learn how to communicate in a way that is sensitive and inclusive for LGBTQ patients and families and learn about local and national LGBTQ health disparities and best practices in the care of LGBTQ patients.
A discussion on how hospitals and providers can provide inclusive communication and health needs for the field include:
- LGBTQ Terminology
- Concepts of Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (SO/GI)
- LGBTQ Health Disparities/Health Equity
- Healthcare Equality Index (HEI) as Organizing Tool for Improvement
- Christiana Care Health System’s Journey in LGBTQ Health
- Define health and health care disparities, health equity, and social determinants of health.
- Apply practical knowledge of how cultural competence can be used to improve safety, quality and patient experience outcomes.
|Timothy D. Rodden MDiv, MA, BCC, FACHE, System Coordinator, LGBTQ Health Initiatives and Director, Pastoral Services Christiana Care Health System, Co-Chair, United Way of Delaware PRIDE LGBTQ Health Equity Task Force|
|Nelson F. Sanchez, assistant professor of medicine at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Weill Cornell Medicine.|
PRICE: Complementary for Institute members, $99 for non-Institute members.
JULY 2017 DIVERSITY DIALOGUE WEBINAR:
July 25, 2017, Noon-1:30 p.m. CST
Addressing Health Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Presented by CHRISTUS Health, a 2016 Equity of Care Honoree
Health disparities experienced by our minority communities, as well as the poor and underserved, continue to be a challenge for all health systems. This Diversity Dialogue will examine the interrelationships between diversity and inclusion, culturally competent care, community partnerships and population health strategies. Additionally, we will discuss metrics and incentives to help promote a culture of health equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Understand the relationship between patient adherence to treatment and cultural competence
- Discuss examples of leadership-driven approaches in promoting diversity and health equity goals
- Understand how to use external CHNA and internal EMR data sets to support community health efforts that benefit our patients and the populations that we serve
- Discuss communication strategies to garner support in creating a health equity movement within your organization.
- Tiffany Capeles, director of health equity, CHRISTUS Health
- Marcos Pesquera, system vice-president, health equity, diversity and inclusion, CHRISTUS Health
Price: Complimentary for Institute members, $99 for non-Institute members.
For questions about the Diversity Dialogue series, please contact Deborah Myles, project operations, at (312) 422-2693 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Institute members receive free access to all Diversity Dialogue webinars.